Matthew is almost 14 months. I often wonder where the hell has the time gone.
He still sleeps with us. I love co-sleeping, but I know he is not getting enough sleep. Mainly naps. He will take about 4-5 30 min. naps. This is not good. So the other 3 kids are away for the long weekend. I decided that this would be a great time to transition him into his crib. I have tried this once before (again while the kids were away). It didn't go so great. I quit b/c I wanted to get a video monitor. I had found that even though he was quiet for over an hour he was not sleeping but STANDING the entire time. The floor in front of his door squeaks so I didn't want to peek in on him. I not only wish I had but I wanted that fucking monitor. But we can't afford it. So I stopped with the crib sleeping.
We still can't afford the monitor (I actually like the one from Sam's Club that is meant as a security camera). Anyway, we are doing this without the video monitor and dealing with the squeaky floor.
First night wasn't too bad. Well let me say I tried at nap time and he just stood there for an hour. Not making a noise, well until I went to check on him.
Bedtime wasn't bad. He did stay sitting up, but Steven went in and laid him down and he slept from 8:50pm until 2am last night.
Tonight he feel asleep at 8:45pm. He was laying down already. He did pretty well for his nap today too.
I'm really hoping this will work. He needs to nap better. But I do notice when I have taken him into his room just to change his diaper he will stare at the crib and I can feel his little body tense up. I don't want him to be afraid.
Damn I wish I had that video monitor.
No comments:
Post a Comment