I'm pissed at Steven. He has once again let me down.
I had asked him on Monday if this weekend we could get some bookcases built. He was all for it. UNTIL, his Dad wanted to get a poker game going. He begrudgingly said he couldn't play poker b/c of him already having 'plans'.
Well then he makes me feel guilty for telling him no. But truth of the matter is, we have been in this house for 5 years, we have one book case in Joseph's room. I have been begging for one for our home school books. Plus we just don't have $50.00 in our 'budget' to just BLOW, b/c that's what he'd do, he's been losing for a year now. Never ahead.
So on Wed. when we were with MIL she asks if he's playing and he says no but gives me a look then looks at his Mom. So she looks at me. I look at him. [>:] He tells her that he needs to build me a book case (really it's not an all day thing, IMO) So she looks at me like I'm the bad guy. I explain that I had asked him on Monday (knowing we had NO plans for the weekend.) FIL decided Tues evening to get a game together.
So it put me in a bad spot and I told them both "Don't guilt me into saying yes." They both said they wouldn't, but .... I also tell MIL that we just don't have the money for the game. So her bright idea is that she would pay for him to play then after the game FIL and Steven would build it at their house. (now they do have much better wood working tools, a better table saw and such) She also says that they will bring it up in their trailer and help put it in.
I still say no, that I KNOW it won't happen that way, plus I didn't want this thing to be that big of a deal of a bookcase. It seemed like I would then need to get organized and get a plan of what I really want. I had no desire to do that just yet. And the money it would cost for the wood, I was just hoping for something we have in our garage.
I finally give in. Well MIL didn't pay for Steven to play poker. He used my $20 and lost both those games (each game is $10.) Then he did borrow from his Dad, lost the third game but won the fourth. So he gave me back my 20 and gave his Dad back his and used the last 10 for the last game. Which he lost. So he broke even and had a good time.
All the while me and the kids are at the IL's house, we were supposed to go to the movies, but didn't. Had to keep them some what quiet as the guys played.
I did help MIL clean up the play room and get more of the kids clothes organized. Plus I helped her with all her DVD's.
But of course when they were done, they had no desire to do any woodworking. And I knew it wouldn't get done today. (It didn't) What really pisses me off is that Steven just tries to ignore the issue. I asked if he was even going to acknowledge the fact that he didn't do anything he said he was going to do.
His answer, "Um, well I thought you knew that." Well yeah fucker I get that the bookcase wasn't even thought about, but you could at least say "hey, sorry we didn't get it done, I'll work on it this Wed while I'm off". Or something. [d]
No comments:
Post a Comment