Animal Control came and took him today. I'm glad I wasn't home, though we had talked about so I knew it would happen.
Steven called me on my way home to let me know that he just left. I think he did get some kind of 'closure'. He said the lady came inside and was here for a good bit. She did say that they would try and re-train him, but also stated that we would never know if he was indeed put down.
I have EXTREME mixed feelings. I was fine on the ride home, but typing this out I'm on the verge of tears. When I told the kids in the car they both yelled "YAY!" I'm sure they will get sad someday. It'll be a hard adjustment that's for sure. No more dog vacuum to clean up when Samantha throws on the floor or food that we drop. I'll have to be a better sweeper and mopper.
It already seems quieter. The kids are running around screaming, but there is no barking.
I'm having a hard time 'reading' Steven's feelings. He is acting sad, but telling me he's fine. I'm not sure why he won't open up, hell I broke down crying in front of him the day he took him.
I'm also sad, b/c this AM I told myself to say 'goodbye' to him but in the rush to get to Science class I didn't. :( I think that's what is the saddest for me. I had been telling him goodbye all week, knowing, but still. Shit, here come the tears. FUCK.
No comments:
Post a Comment