Today SUCKED.
First Joseph peed in Kayla's bed, so we think. So Steven took the sheets off and threw them down the stairs. Well then he went and made breakfast.
I was about to get in the shower and I hear SE crying, a "hurt" cry. I yell to find out where she is and they don't know (Steven, Kayla and Joseph were downstairs), I could tell it wasn't coming from upstairs. So I run to the stairs and Steven is picking her up off the ground. She was flat on her back.
She has taken to now walking down the stairs, where before (like last week) she was still "bumping" down them on her butt. Well the sheets were still on the stairs (about step 2 or 3). So we eat breakfast and Steven goes to change her diaper. After that he stands her up and she cries and won't put weight on her foot. (she never made a peep during breakfast) So he picks her up and moves her foot, no 'pain' with any of the movement (as in she didn't fuss that it hurt)
So he sits her on the couch. Well she wants down after a few minutes and we put her down and again she cries and won't put weight on it. We sit her down to look again and ask her (yeah yeah, she's 18 months so we weren't expecting much) She just pointed to the BOTTOM of her foot. We look, nothing visibly wrong. She will put it down, but lifts up her big toe, still won't walk at all.
So I call the Dr.'s office, of course they won't to see her. So no shower for me. I take Kayla with me. House isn't in Poker ready clean (oh yeah we were hosting poker). And no food was made and everyone was showing up in about an hour.
I leave. Wait for an HOUR. Not typical, but since its "off hours" what can I do. She looks and says it looks good, no swelling etc. But she wants an x-ray anyway. **yesterday we met Bev at Chick fil a and the kids had a great time in the play area. I noticed last night while getting SE in her PJ's that her shins are bruised up from climbing the play area.** Dr. sees said bruises and orders x-rays for her whole leg. I tell her that the bruises are from playing and she comments that bruises on the shins are good, lets them know that the kid is jumping/falling/playing, but bruises on the front only. Which she has, none on the back of her legs.
Go next door to the Urgent Care to get that done. Wait about another hour. It was hard b/c she was tired/scared and having to stay still. I had to hold her leg down. :(
Get those done with only needing to re-do one. (baby x-rays are so cute)
Go back to the Dr.'s office and wait. Everything is 'fine' (I say fine, b/c it's not broken or fractured but not well b/c she is still in pain) Told to just keep an eye on it.
Oh yeah, while waiting the first time for the Dr. I asked K to give me her glasses so I could clean them, as I saw they were smudged. She pulls them off and the side falls off. There's NO screw in this part of it. So weird. So after the Dr. we head to the Eye Dr.. CLOSED on weekends. Which I figured but still. We leave tomorrow for a week in Williamsburg, VA.
They are still under warranty so I don't want to super glue them, much to my MIL's protest. Steven did convince me to HOT glue them. He did it, then just popped the glue off and re-did it to show me it should be fine. But if the glue comes off while we are gone, there's nothing I can do.
So we get home and the guys are all here (of course b/c it's 3.5 hrs later) We eat b/c we are starving. Knitting group meets in .5 hr but I can't make it, want to go b/c it's photo time for our mittens. Well as I'm getting ready to go, hour late, a guy is rocking in the chair. I open my mouth to ask him not to b/c one of the chairs had to be fixed and then [b]CRASH[/b] fucker broke the chair in 7 pieces. I swear I had just opened my mouth. So we get all the pieces an put them in the garage (though it doesn't look fixable) and get him a new chair. WHY the hell do grown men still rock in chairs? I see it all the time, at our house during poker, at IL's house. It drives me crazy and now I have a broken chair.
I had to get out of there, b/c said FUCKER didn't even apologize for breaking it.
Went to knitting, again taking SE and K with me. Steven wanted me too "just in case". Of what I have no clue. SE needed to nap IN HER BED, but oh well. I was getting out of there. MIL was there, but she was playing with them. Which is cool but whatever. Joseph was upstairs watching movies.
Have a decent time at knitting, didn't get any done but did get my mittens in the picture. Head home, backing car in the garage and I hit something. Oh fuck the chair. I pull forward and get out to look there is now ANOTHER broken chair out there. WTF??????
Pull the car all the way out of the garage and go inside. Find out STEVEN broke it. I think he said that b/c he knew I was pissed about the first one and was afraid I might not ever let them have poker at our house.
So now we are down 2 chairs one of which we need seeings how there are 5 of us that use them. (we have/had 6) We bought them years ago at a "close out sale" so getting matches is impossible.
Half the guys are gone and the others start a last game.
After everyone leaves I get all our crap out for our trip. Clean out the trunk and am generally in a very piss poor mood.
One bright thing, I called my youngest brother on the way to the Dr. to wish him a very happy 16th birthday. OMG he's 16. I told him that makes me feel OLD, he says that HE feels old. I had a good laugh at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment