Yesterday I bought a ticket for Samantha and I to fly out to New Mexico for my brothers trial. Due to start on the 28th. Well of course an hour and a half later my Dad calls telling me to call my brother. The DA wants to make a "deal" since they FINALLY realize that they have a bogus case. GREAT. I once again have a non-refundable ticket. I was going to buy the insurance so that I could cancel, but I read the fine print that states I need to cancel within 10 days of flight. I'm well within that at the time of purchase so it's no use buying it.
I'm happy they are looking to do a deal. Bro does have some points that must be met before even entertaining the idea. (ie, he gets nephew back, keeps his job; he's a teacher, they can't come after him again and it's all removed from his record.) Which they have already agreed to.
I wouldn't mind another visit with my family. But I'm leaving Kayla and Joseph home this trip and have made arrangements with friends and family to take them for nights/days. It just feels WRONG to leave them like that when it's not necessary to do so. I had reservations prior that's why I waited so long to buy the ticket. I hate leaving them. They will be at different houses each day AND NIGHT since Steven leaves at 5 am.
Anyway sorry for the book. I just want to SCREAM at how off my timing is with this.
No comments:
Post a Comment