Saturday, July 25, 2009

Samantha is 2

Yesterday was Samantha's 2nd birthday. We had celebrated the day before with family. Kayla had co op so J, SE and I went running around. We hit Toys R Us first. Got her crown and balloon. Then found a baby doll for her. She kept taking K's and K was not happy about that. Not sure why b/c she has so many but whatever.

Then she (SE) saw a small plastic shopping cart. I was cool with her walking around with it. She put her doll in it. Then would take the doll out to add some toy. I could get her to put the toy away but as time went on I could not get her to put the cart back. After about an hour of walking around with the cart I had had enough and wanted to leave, but she was NOT giving that thing up. I was not going to pay $10 for a very cheaply made shopping cart that would break once we got it home. (the wheels were already buckling while at the store and I just KNOW that she will end up inside this thing.)

So I distract her with a riding toy. Pay for the doll and move the cart out of sight. But I am the type of person to not just leave products where ever I feel fit. I need to put them back where they go. My kids are the same way. So I have J take it back. But I didn't figure that they whole time SE had the cart J wanted to push but she never let him. Well he took this as his time and was just wheeling it all around. Samantha notices whats going on and was NOT happy. She jumped off the riding toy and ran to him screaming "Joseph NO!!!" Cute, yes. Loud, yes.

Then we put it back on the shelf. OMG she has never pitched such a huge fit. Our first temper tantrum in the middle of Toys R Us. Thank God I had already paid for the doll. So we get outside and she calms down. I get her buckled in and we head to Chick Fil A. They eat, they play then we head home. We still have almost 2 hrs before we get Kayla.

Get Kayla come back home and wait for Steven. We had decided to head to the mall to spend SE's 2 gift cards (Build A Bear and Disney). She got an Eva doll, Wall E PJ's, Pooh shirt & Jibbitz all for $15.00. Then to Build a Bear. She has $60 in GC and my coupons. It was all spent AND another $9 out of pocket. Though K and J each got a new animal, but they plan on paying for those.

All in all I think it was a great day. She LOVED when people told her Happy Birthday and even more so when we got phone calls with singing.

No comments: