Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Sleeping arrangement

So Joseph has always been a co-sleeper. It was alright until Samantha came along. We really wanted to get him out of our bed before she was born so that she wasn't the reason for him leaving. But well it didn't happen.

He was doing really well in his bed. Then he stayed at IL's for one night and it went down hill. He'd come back into our room in the middle of the night. Last week I had had enough. I just couldn't sleep. I have SE in the front of me and J snuggled into my back and well I was very uncomfortable.

So, I told S enough. He did well putting him back into his bed but it was getting to be about 3 times a night and well thats just ridiculous.

Last night I set up a little 'bed' on our floor next to our bed. Joseph was very excited, he thought that it was his new bed. So getting him into HIS bed last night was a tad challenging. But in the middle of the night he came in and went into that little bed. He did wake me up b/c he can't figure out how to put covers on. (we deal with this in his bed too) But all in all it was a good night.

I'm really hoping for better nights sleep. Now to get SE out of our bed. I'm not really in to much of a hurry, but I don't want as bad a habit as we had with Joseph. Kayla was a co-sleeper too, but at 9-10 months we moved her to her bed and she's been an excellent sleeper ever since.

No comments: