Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dead Battery and a visit from Animal control

I have been meaning to type about our fun outing on Thursday.

Steven was working his Friday in prep for the holiday. When he got home (1'ish) we headed out, or tried to. The battery was dead in my car. He jumped it and we were off to Target.

We leave Target and it won't start again. Steven says it's gotta be a dead battery. We have a nice lady let us use her truck to jump it again and we head out to Napa for a new battery. I have no clue about these things. My car is a 2002 and we had the same factory battery. Steven was surprised, but I'm not sure why. When we bought it in 2005 it only had 2600 *yes that's the right number* of miles on it. We've owned it since and never put a new battery in it.

So $100 later we have a new battery. I'm just thankful I didn't have to be anywhere on Thursday morning to discover this on my own.

*******************
Ok, onto the visit from Animal control. Since we opted to quarantine Gadgitt here they were making a 5 day follow up visit. I guess it's standard. Wanted to know if we still had him and what not. He did say he would be back on day 10 and if we wanted he would take the dog. I'm so so so fucking torn about this. I know it's RIGHT by my family to do this, but my God he's been in my life for 9.5 yrs, he's *my* first real dog.
*growing up on a farm we always had upwards of 10 dogs, all outside and we have a very agressive over turn of them. My Dad would find them in the woods while working and if someone was over and commented on any dog my Dad would give it to them. I never really got attached to them b/c of this. I did get attached to one but that was a very tragic ending and I don't want to Blog about it*
So I have an "over attachement" to him even though we pretty much ALL Hate him. He's not at lovable dog, never really has been. Well I guess in the beginning. He will follow me EVERYWHERE its annoying, but sweet. He lays under my desk and if I get up to pee he follows me. He sleeps at my feet and will lay on them any chance he gets. BUT if I dare touch him, look out for those teeth.

No comments: