Sunday, August 31, 2008

Just call me "Angry" Momma

:(

This is what Joseph calls me. Granted it's only after I've yelled and sent him to his room, normally for trying to trip Samantha or hurting her.

The other night he was crying to Steven (while he was putting him to bed) b/c I had yelled and told him bed time. Steven said he asked "Why is Momma always so Angry?" I'm not sure what the convo was, but just Steven told/asked me to calm down some around him.

So tonight, we are all downstairs playing Mario Kart, well S and K were playing and I was watching and J and SE were playing on the floor. I look over and J stops in front of her, lays his arm on the floor and tries to trip her. She side stepped him, but IF she had not done so she would have taken a header into the trampoline and we would have needed an ER visit. I saw it all in slow-mo.

Boy did I yell. We have talked about tripping. *Steven plays a game with K and J doing this. But we have stopped that and discussed with J that it is NOT a game for SE* So I screamed for him to get to his room. I did chase him a little up the stairs to make sure.

I went to him not 3 mins later to get him in the tub and ready for bed. I quickly washed him up and got him dressed. I laid in his bed to read him his story *see I still wanted to do our bedtime routine* and after the story came the question: "Why are you such an ANGRY Momma?" I wanted/want to cry. I explained that I don't like being angry but sometimes his actions towards SE make me angry. I told him I don't like it when he tries to hurt her and that we've talked about not hurting her and how he isn't obeying. He then starts to cry saying he doesn't want her to grow up and that HE doesn't want to be a grown up. I was saved by K bringing in SE for me to put her to bed as well.

He's now sleeping without a peep after I left. I don't know. But I do know I don't want to be ANGRY *what seems like ALL.THE.TIME.* I think I need more sleep.

No comments: