Murphy is not a friend of mine, I really don't think he's a friend of anyones yet he always seems to just show up very unannounced.
So the mere thought of getting ahead (financially) will bring Murphy a knocking.
Yesterday I heard the A/C making a very weird noise. I brushed it off at first thinking someone was mowing outside. But when I was doing the laundry I heard it loud and clear. (the wall for the laundry room is right by the a/c unit) So out I go, it's whining, grinding but still running. I go in grab my cell and call Steven to tell him. He wants me to mimic the noise, I just take the phone out with me and let him hear. Well he services an a/c company and calls them.
The lady calls me within 5 mins and says she can have a tech out within the hour, SWEET! But it'll cost $69 just have him look at it. Fine. She said if I heard metal grinding it's best to turn off the unit. So I do.
He comes, very nice guy. Has me turn it on and the fan no long spins. He thinks it's the motor, takes the panel off and yup the motor. I must have heard it going. (I think turning it off did it in, but whatever). I ask if he has the part and he doesn't, but will call around to find one.
There's one not to far away but it's $500.00, eek. Since Steven "knows" them they'll do it all for $516. (that includes the $69) What can we say, NO? um nope at this point the a/c is broken.
He comes back within 2 hrs. I had just dozed off on the recliner and the doorbell rings. He had been here and done it and it was working again. All I had to do was write a check.
So yea we have a/c. Steven is happy I heard it and called when I did or it could have blown while we were sleeping and then it would have been H.O.T. and who knows when they would have made it out here.
We've been here 6 yrs so I guess that's not "too" bad. (we had the house built so everything is/was new). Steven did ask if the motor was new or rebuilt and it's a new one, so that is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment