Sunday, May 31, 2009

Great Day!!!!!

Got up this AM, showered and shaved. I love showering in the AM. (we've been doing them at night to help with allergies) It gets me moving and productive.

Steven took the kids to GA to do some work on his Uncle's lake cabin. So I had the day to myself.

At first I was just going to veg in front of the TV/computer, but thought I should really be productive. So I got my coupons organized (again) and went grocery shopping. Hit Food Lion (not my first choice but they have a killer deal on Mars candy). So I got 10 Mars candies (2 Snickers, 4 Skittles and 4 Starbursts) all for $0.27. Telling you a GREAT deal.

Then headed over the my normal store for regular shopping. They are still having Triples. Did pretty well, but the lady rang up my 5 nectarines as 5 pineapples. Um I was highly over charged. So I had to go back and get my refund, plus she missed two of my .50 coupons ($3.00 b/c of triples). Went to the other HT to use more Chuck ful 0' Nuts coffee (coupons expire today).

Came home put everything away and got cleaning. My kitchen is SPOTLESS. Did the counters, cabinets, coffee pot, dishes and floors. Vacuumed the living room.

My kitchen floors haven't been so white in a long time. I had been using just the Steam Mop, but I just couldn't get all the "dirt" out. So I took Pine Sol with my Magic Eraser mop and just doused the floor. Scrubbed it and got it nice and clean. Then took the Flip it and sucked up all the extra water and then my Steam Mop to get all the cleaner off. Man they are nice. My feet hurt from being on them without my sneakers. I normally wear my sneakers all day and didn't today. Wore my sandals out and then just bare feet which cleaning.

I did all the laundry. I also bleached the new Lego's someone gave us.

I organized (again) all of the things I've picked up from Triples. Got a bag going to donate and the box ready to mail to Gary (serving over in Iraq).

It felt SOOOOOOOOOOO good to get everything all done. It felt like a lot but looks like a little. Oh well.

I was listening to NKOTB the whole time. Mainly just The Block cd, but then I had the radio up so loud and still couldn't hear b/c I was going everywhere within the house that I put on my iPod and just JAMMED. I got more done while wearing the iPod. I was just singing out loud too. I had so much fun. I don't normally sing out loud but I was alone and it was so freeing.

I had more enegry then my crew did when they got home. They sat in a car (er, van) for 6 hrs and I worked my ass off (I was sweating at one point while vacuuming the couch). I got dinner made (really hated messing up my clean kitchen) then after dinner did more laundry and the dinner dishes. Pulled out more donations (personal care items this time) and put those with the other and organized all that stuff.

Then sat to watch last nights Pushing Daisies. Just reaffirms my HATE for ABC for canceling this show. It was sooooo damn good and funny. After it was over and Steven went to on his (Tivo'd) race Joseph said he wanted to keep watching Pushing Daisies and was quite mad that it was over. Told him it'll be on again Sat.

We are supposed to go to the movies on Wed. to see UP with MIL. Then Steven has poker on Sat. (my thinking that's the reason he's been letting me have so much "alone" time so as not to feel guilty on Sat.) we'll see 17 Again. Let the Zac obessession continue.

NKOTB were supposed to be here on June 2nd but it was canceled so now I'm just dying to go to Atlanta (the guys are flying in there now) for the June 4th concert. So wish we had the funds.

Oh a funny from Joseph while watching Pushing Daisies, "Daddy, I REALLLY want you to win the lottery for us." Steven replied "I'm trying."

No comments: