Started with me not getting to sleep in. The kids made me cards and I got French Crepes for breakfast.
Got my gift. (was not expecting one) A Singer 2250 sewing machine. Looks like a beginners (which I am). Called MIL to thank her (it was her idea for the gift) and to wish her a good day. She tells me that she'll take my old one (non working one she got for me 4 yrs ago for mother's day bought at a yard sale for $25) get it fixed and take it out to their coast house.
This put me in a mood. It totally is rubbing me the wrong way that she is going to take back a gift she gave me. It's an old Singer 1940/50's built into a table. I really like it and do wish it worked.
So then we went to Lowe's to get a basil plant for my new herb garden. While there I was looking at "bathroom" books. *side note, we are thinking of re-modeling our bathroom* Well as I was looking at one, I said "Either I just peed myself or I started my period, we need to leave." So I put the book back (plan on getting some from the library) and we are standing there checking out and it happens again. Well I've been known to pee while sneezing, coughing and jumping. But not just standing with no warning or anything. We get to the car and I "check". Yup, my period. Nice. I don't think it's been so heavy from the start in a long time. It went through my jeans for crying out loud. Get home and clean up.
Rest of the day was like any other day. Did laundry, dishes, cleaned up and planted my basil. Went grocery shopping and showered.
All in all wasn't too bad. But I still am feeling very uneasy about the sewing machine thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment