Wednesday, June 24, 2009

23 months old

Today Samantha is 23 months old. She did pee on the potty 4 times yesterday. *squee* She is so darn funny and I wish I could/would have blogged more about her and her antics. But her speech will not convey correctly written, it's something you just have to hear.

She's so independent too. She'll get a cup out of the cabinet (we keep them in the bottom cabinet for the kids to get). Then move the little chair to the refriderator to get some water. This has prompted us to use the "lock" on the fridge for the first time in the 6 yrs we've had it.

She loves to move that chair around the kitchen to get to things she can't reach or to watch us cook. She will also move the dining room chair to the living room and put it in front of the TV, grab the remote and Wii-mote and tell us to turn the Wii on.

She does follow some directions well, when she wants too. If she doesn't well get the ear plugs b/c she will do a blood curdling scream.

I had to put her in timeout for the first time. :( But she took Kayla's DS and when prompted to give it back she throw it down hard on the kitchen floor. I sent her to timeout (standing against a wall, that's what we do for J so we'll do it for her too). She cried and cried, but stood there. Then we told her that throwing is wrong and to tell Kayla she is sorry. A hug and kiss later all was well.

But I couldn't help laugh at her in timeout. It was to stinkin' cute that she did it.

Oh need to wipe a butt....

No comments: