Sunday, June 7, 2009

My heart aches for my little boy.

Last night Kayla and Joseph spent the night at the IL's house. The girl next door to my IL's (about 3 months younger than K) was there at her Dad's for the weekend. They were outside playing most of last night and today. This girl is a BRAT and very controlling so she wasn't being the nicest to Joseph. Well she convinced him to ask MIL if she could eat lunch with us, MIL said no so Joseph told the girl this and she said that MIL was mean. Which Joseph went and repeated that to MIL saying "You are mean, I don't like you."

Well now MIL is holding a grudge over a 4 yr old. Knowing MIL she'll hold on to this for YEARS. We've always known she doesn't really "like" Joseph so I think she'll use this against him. She told him, "Fine, then you can't spent the night again." :( He was really only repeating what he heard.

PLUS while we were out at the river with them over the long weekend one night Joseph said, lets have an opposite dinner. Immediately MIL looks him dead in the eyes and says "I HATE YOU!". He was so shocked he didn't know what to say. Normally when we do an opposite dinner it's more along the lines of "yuck, this food is just so gross" talk about the food. I was shocked. I just did a little laugh and said in a very joking way, "oh Joseph what is the opposite of hate?" which he didn't know :(. I told him LOVE. He kinda smiled but didn't really get it. Kayla told him she hated him too jokingly then we went back to regular dinner.

Next night same thing, he said opposite dinner and MIL said "I hate you" he kinda got that the opposite is love and smiled.

But who tells a 4 yr old "I hate you"? I told Steven I was not happy about that. I know he'll remember that forever. I remember my Mom telling me that when she was mad at me once and I've never forgotten it.

So she'll be pissed off that he said he didn't like her for not letting the girl eat with us, yet it's completely (in her eyes) to tell a 4 yr you hate them b/c it's opposite dinner.

We had him apologize (we weren't there when it happened so we had him do it when we heard what happened) she wouldn't even LOOK at him the rest of the time we were there. Then as we were leaving we had him say it again and give her a hug she didn't even bend down for it or say anything to him.

Steven told her that he doesn't understand what he said or how it hurt his feelings as he's ONLY FOUR YEARS OLD. But she said we needed to "teach" him not to speak that way. [:|] Um you're 60 lady and speak that way ALL THE TIME. About her FIL, boss, co-workers etc. She says she's over it, but I know her and she isn't and won't be for a long time to come.

I can't wait for them to move.

No comments: