Friday, December 28, 2007

Homicide, 6 houses away.

I heard a gunshot today around noon. I looked out the window didn't really see anything and thought maybe it was my neighbor (he's been working on his car lately so I figured it was the hood or it back fired).

At about 7 this evening we see a firetruck and EMT pulled up next door. I panicked and thought they were at our neighbors house, went outside and noticed that there were about 5 cop cars all down the street.

I have since learned (neighbor has a Cop friend. Also this happened at said neighbors sons friends house. -say that five times fast) It was/is domestic. Male killed (see it was a shot I heard) female and two other males in custody. Weird thing is that none of the home owners are even home. The people there are friends of the kids that live there. "Mom" is on the west coast, vacation maybe. Both sons are out of town. It was one of the sons friends staying there.

The man/boy (I don't think he's over 20) just had a baby a few months ago.

This is the second death in this neighborhood. When we first moved in, 2003, a man committed suicide in his back yard, (11 house down, same direction as this). We were one of the first houses here, so it's a very new development, not even done with the building.

No comments: