Saturday, December 29, 2007

Kermet was wrong.

It IS easy being G.R.E.E.N. ha-ha

In our attempt to go green we have bought grocery bags, I have been using my Keeper for about 4 or 5 yrs now. Our newest is that we no longer use paper napkins. I found cheap wash clothes on sale at Target earlier this week. 12 for cheaper than a package of paper napkins. We'll use 2 a day/night. Steven and I will share one and Kayla and Joseph will share the other. I figure that's 6 days worth I know I'll wash them before the 7th day. If not we have other cloth napkins I've pulled out to use as well. But I think I'll like the wash clothes better.

We are cutting back on our paper plate usage. I still will only use them in the microwave. I've always used the dryer sheet for more than one use and even after that I use them in the closet and to wipe dust off things. (yeah yeah, I do have dust. Shocking I know)

I know there's more but my mind went blank.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So I spelt his name wrong. Oh well.

I wanted to add things we've been doing for years for my 'green' list.

*composting
*recycling
*reusing
*less laundry detergent than recommend.
*use my dryer sheets at least twice. Then I use them to clean stuff. (I think I mentioned this already)

Crap I know there's more. Where's my head????? Someone please find it and return it to me.