Sunday, December 2, 2007

Seems all is not lost.

A quick Blingo search and all seems not to be lost. But it'll cost 40 bucks to recover. Well that's not true they are recovered for free, but to actually retrieve the files and copy them back it'll cost 40.

You have no idea how much better I feel. I'll have to wait a week or two til we have the money. (hoping for Christmas cash)

Ok so back to the best Saturday ever.

Steven and Kayla had tickets to see the Nutcracker with Girl Scouts for that evening. Well I heard there was a Dad/Kid dad at the Football stadium, well practice field. It would be $10. (at the time money was not so tight) So we planned on having Joseph hang with Gma all day, Steven and Kayla go do the football thing and I had my knitting meet up. I drove them all down to Gma's, they all hopped on the new Light Rail train. Steven and Kayla got off uptown. They were just going to come back b/c we lacked the $10 for the day. (we have -$16 in our account for the week with 1/2 tank of gas, no groceries in the house and many 'things' that cost money this week. 2 doctor appts, piano, Science Field trip etc, not to mention regular bills.)

But after hearing the no money situation, not the full story just that they couldn't do the football thing Gma gave them the money and money for food. (I was not really happy b/c I sorta had made 'plans' and the house was a mess with a party for today) But oh well. So I went home, they went to the field (2 hrs early, but they sat for lunch and killed time), Joseph went with Gma for the day/night.

So I returned some things. Pissed b/c I bought 13 cookie tins from the Dollar Tree but my cookies don't all fit. (I'm going to a cookie swap tomorrow and need to bring 13 dozen, don't get me started on that) So I was thinking 'great, 13 dollars for food'. WRONG, no returns. Exchanges only. So I got some things that were on a 'want' list of mine. Mainly picture frames.

Went home for a few minutes grabbed my knitting and headed out to the bank (deposits. Nice to deposit $80 and still have a balance of -16. $65 of that 80 is birthday money for Joseph)

Had a great time there. Didn't knit, but did get more sequins added. Samantha was a doll. I'll up load pictures. I hate that I can't us my Shutterfly for that. So now I have three 'hosting' sites. Not fun.

Ok, back to bad day, good for them. My bad day is pretty much over at this point. So I pick up S and K at the field. They had a B.L.A.S.T. They also stunk but it was time for the Nutcracker. (sorta glad I didn't need to sit next to them, hehe) It was uptown as well and there was no time to go home and shower (like originally planned) So back home Samantha and I go. She finally got to take a decent nap. She was cat napping in the car here and there. I did some computer time and then much of the cleaning.

All this time Joseph is hanging with Gma. They took the train back, then lunch, then they went to Bee Movie (Joseph slept most of the time), then the ULTIMATE shopping at Toys R Us. J made out. Tons of Diego stuff.

Don't get me started on MIL and her being pissed I didn't 'formally' invite them to the party. Or that I didn't ask her to pay for all the supplies. But two things. 1) We owe them money and I didn't want to ask. 2) I'd like to think we are grown up enough to pay for our kids parties. Which as seen in our bank account we are not. And the fact that MIL has pretty much paid for ALL birthday parties. Or a majority of the costs. She said 'that's her job" and she likes it. So from now on its all her. I just tell her what the kids want. (if come March she decides she doesn't I need to be reminded that she said it her 'job'.)

So I get a call from S to pick them up at 7:30. By 6:45 I realize I haven't eaten a thing since breakfast. I was so stressed I wasn't even hungry. I really wasn't hungry when I realized this, but I knew I needed to eat b/c of BFing. So I had some Chicken Noodle Soup. Went and picked them up. They still stunk. YUCK. (not funky sweaty body odor, just like oil and fuel which is really weird)

Poor S and K hadn't eaten since lunch so we warmed up left overs and boy did I eat. Then it was bed time.


Ok I hope this wasn't too all over the place. I still need to type out about today's party.

1 comment:

craft-chick said...

You've got a lot going on...you should have purged at our knitting get-together, it helps (and I should know). Maybe next time I'll start off and then if you want to unload a little, you'll look sane compared to me. Hope you have a good week. And can't wait to see the party photos!